Problem with new video card...

nsyrax

n00b
I just finished putting together my new system, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core CPU 4800+, 3gigs of RAM and a Radeon X1300 512meg video card (connect3D). In 3DMark05, i'm getting like 10fps and the text on my monitor, a 19" Westinghouse LCD, looke like crap but it looked fine on my old video card, a Radeon 9600. Any ideas? I updated the Catalyst drivers lastnight, so they should be up to date and am running WinXP Home SP2 with all the most recent updates. And I have ClearType turned ON. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! TIA!!

an x1300 isn't a gaming card so the 10fps sounds just about right.
as for the text problem I am unsure what would cause that, do you have drivers for your monitor or can you find them? I woudl intstall the monitor driver and then mess around with refresh rates and see if it helps at all.

I looked and there aren't any drivers for my monitor :0( If my card isn't for gaming, what would it have 512megs of RAM for? Not being a smartass, just wanted to know. I figured with the high amount of RAM that it would be good for gaming, but it's VERY possible that i'm mistaken :0)

the megs of vRAM you have is not incredibly important, its just one of the many factors along with gpu/mem clocks and pipelines that determine how well a card performs. Actually, 512MB of vRAM is only beneficial if you plan to run really high resos.

As for the text.... hmmmm, turn cleartype off and......... I donnu... check to make sure all the system fonts are working properly. And I guess use drivercleaner to clean the ATi drivers off and reinstall them again.. could help.

Back