• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with new overclock and powering on

mavi802

n00b
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
16
So I just finished overclocking my e6400 on an Asus P5B-E and ran it on orthos for 6+ hours. There is a problem however when I turn on the computer. When I press the power button the fans will spin up for about a second then stop, then about 3 seconds later the system will power on normally. This wasn't happening to me before when I was running everything on stock so I can only assume it is because of the overclock. Is this something that I should be worried about?
 
save your bios and try running everything on stock again and see if that happens, if it doesn't do it on stock its definetly your oc .... similar thing happened to me where i could do 12hr+ orthos without error but when i turned it off and try to cold boot it the pc would reboot again and again until it set everything back to stock again ... it basically means that your pc isn't stable enough to do a proper boot
 
that's the famous 'double boot' issue with 965 and p35 chipset that most motherboard has. dont worry about it.
 
Back
Top