Problem with new HS/Fan?

Max-Powers

Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
558
just installed a zalman 7000b-cu hs/fan into my msi k8n neo4. onto a athlon 64 3000. its at 40 when surfing the net. i used artic silver 5. did I not use enough? it didnt even run this hot with stock cooling
 
You have to wait 200 hours (advertised wait time) for the AS5 to set in.
 
i have the fancontroler thing that came with it set to max. other than that I havnt messed with any settings.
So it will run at extra hot temps for 200 hours? its 42 right now. the stock heatsink kept it at 37-40 idle right away.
 
either there was an error during installation or the stock is just THAT good
 
speedfan 4.23. bios shows it about the same also. I put a drop of the stuff in the middle of the cpu, set the hs down on it, and screwed it down. maybe the drop wasnt big enough? or maybe I didnt come straight down on it and it spread to one side?
 
Back
Top