Problem with new Dell 2005 Monitor

PawNtheSandman

[H]ard|Gawd
I puchased 2x Dell 2005 LCD monitors. I have been using them for about a month.

I am now noticing when I turn off the computer, the monitor is showing what appears to be the windows taskbar, and my Firefox toolbar "burned" into the monitor.

It isn't effecting other programs yet, but how do I keep this from worsening? Is there a solution to get rid of the current damage other than RMAing it?

I was going to make a post about this around a week ago. The same thing happened to me and a friend of mine. It seems to be a very common occurrence with the 2005fpw (that's one of the many reasons I returned it and purchased a ViewSonic VP191b). You should definitely check out this article for more information about image persistence (LCD burn-in).

You may need to turn down your Brighness and/or contrast settings down a bit on the monitor. I know when I got mine back in November, the factory settings had the brightness cranked all the way up. I toned it down to about 40 and things look much better.

Set the tool bar for auto hide as well, the screen wont burn in what it does not show

I have mine to turn to screensaver at 5 mins, and turn off at 10 mins. I also turn it off when I know I am leaving the room for an extended period.

Now what I need is a really crazy screen saver that actually plays with the pixels rather than a stupid windows default screensaver.

I put a screen saver on at 5 and monitor off at 10.

I also had the monitor off over the weekend and on Monday, there was no shadowing.

Thank you for your help.

And all this time LCD marketers had us believe that there was no such thing as "burn-in" for LCD's. When in fact this burn in seems worse then the what current CRT's have.

ninethreeeleven said:
... Now what I need is a really crazy screen saver that actually plays with the pixels rather than a stupid windows default screensaver.
I highly recommend Marine Aquarium Bundle v.2.0. I have it on mine here at home and I also got it for my Dual Dell 2001's at work. It looks soo much better on the widescreen though.

Back