• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem with new computer, can anyone help?

MissingGhost

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
104
Hello to all.
I have just put together a new computer. Here are the components:

Intel Core i5 3570K CPU
Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Mainboard
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3-1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B) RAM
Corsair Force GT 180GB SSD
ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X SATA DVD Writer
Antec True430 PSU
3COM PCI NIC

When I've tried to power it up the first time, it doesn't get to the BIOS screen. It makes 4 beeps and the Dr Debug code (some led numbers on the board) stops at code 55. In the manual, it says that this means "memory not present". I've tried to install the memory in the two different ways that are permitted in the manual. I've also tried to run it single channel with just one module. Everything produces the same results.

Can anyone help?
 
See if the issue persists when you remove the motherboard from the chassis itself. If it persists it is not a grounding issue, I would suggest you try using another dimm to test with.
 
Should it not work as the above poster mentioned, try just one stick and move it in the slots. If that works, try the other stick. If none of that works, then RMA the board.
 
Sounds like you either have bad RAM or a bad mobo. As the others said, try and find another stick of RAM to test with. If that doesn't work it's probably a defective board. If it does, your RAM is bad. Simple.
 
I also vote to try just one stick of RAM. I'd also try and clear out the bios by using the little jumper on the mobo.
 
Sounds like everyone is going in agreement. I'd probably clear the BIOS, try a new stick of ram, and if that doesn't work then time to RMA the board.
 
Issue resolved. The problem was an outdated BIOS version to support this CPU. I have shipped the bios chip to california, they flashed it with the new version and now it works.
 
Back
Top