Problem with new Comp please hurry and respond I need help

Heres the story, I got everything connected for my comp and went to boot up. It never posted. THe monitor read to check the cable, so I did and couldnt find anything wrong with it. Also the power will not shut off by pressing the up front power button. I have to hit the switch on the PSU. Can anyone help me please?

since you're only pretty confiden

unplug everything from the mainboard except your lights, power and reset.

pull any expansion cards but your video card, then try to boot it up..

if that fails, reseat vc, cpu and memory and try again

if it's a p4, do you have the +12v 2x2 power connector hooked up?

Take everything out except for processor, ram, and video card and see if it will post. Also make sure the motherboard tray isn't shorting out any part of the motherboard.

tried all of that, two other things I have noticed. 1. - I have corsair pro memory and the LEDs do not show any activity. 2. the video card fans spin for like 10 seconds and then stop. any adivice?

What started all of this? Is this a new build or did you just have it apart for whatever reason and now you can't get it backup? If it is a new build what is the new/old hardware. As frustrating as it is we may be able to help you sort this out if you follow the suggestions and get back yo us with the results. Take a deep breath and help us help you.

I had a similar problem like that when i built my first computer.

How many watts is ur psw? Make sure the voltage switch on the back is set correctly. (little red switch)

if that don't work, post system specs.

Take it apart and put it back togeather taking you time and examine your motherboard for things you may have missed.

You probably aren't holding down the power button for long enough...sometimes it defaults to an obscene amount of time.

Only reason I have had computers not POST was because of the video card

try swapping parts out for some spare ones

im trying to get over to a friends house right now because I dont have any spare parts my old comp is a 466 Celeron

Well Ive been over to my friends house now. It wasnthe Radeon, it worked fin in one of his comps, but he didnt have anything to check my RAM or CPU. So, I have a question, on corsair pro memory do the LEDs light up as soon as the Power button is pushed becasue it doesn't get past that. Also, all 4 of my diagnostic LEDs stay on and my manual says this means it is booting up, they never go off though. Does anyone have any idea what this means?

Back