Problem with new build.

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright. I Have a Soyo SY-P4VGA Motherboard. And a Celery 2.6GHz. ( this was going to be a spare PC built of mostly old parts :D ).
Anyway, The day I got it, I sat the CPU down wrong, and it broke 2 pins. Anyway, almost 2 weeks after that incident I sat down, and straightened all the pins, and put it in the motherboard.
When I turn it on, the CPU fan fires right up, but the monitor stays black.
No motherboard beeps, no nothing.
So I reset CMOS and the same thing happens.
WHAT DO I DO?! AHH
It's too late to RMA.

hum... if you cant get the pins back to normal angle... well you screwed... you'll have to buy another one.

First off GOOD luck, your gona need it, everytime I have bent a pin it has been bye bye Processor. :eek: :( :eek:
Take the system down to the bare components: mobo, processor, ram, and video card. If it still doesnt work, reseat everything. If it still doesn't work spin around 3 times while counting to 12 and running into walls. Naked....

I got them all back to normal, and it fits in the mobo.. The only physical damage to the CPU is the 2 pins that had been broken off

yeah, breaking the 2 pins is a big NO NO and the cpu can survive sometimes and sometimes is gone. again I echo the previous advice to narrow it down to the cpu buy testing part for part. Obviously make sure your video card is seating all the way in the appropriate slot if you have an external rather than onboard grafics, however, the fact that there are no beeps seems like it may have the slightest possibility that it is not the cpu, but on the other hand that is what seems to be the most FXXXED piece of equipment in the rig (sorry for pointing out the obvious). However, if it was because you broke the cpu that your rig is not working, I don't think it would be a good idea for an RMA because you did break the pins.

Back