• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problem with motherboard BIOS?

Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
31
Hello, I recently purchased this MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130161

and right from the start it had some instability issues. In the BIOS I cannot overclock the my CPU in anyway, including the special A.I feature that is comes with it. Also I get constant BSOD's randomly. I have reformatted my computer at least 5 times and check to make sure my BIOS and drivers were all up to date but the issue has yet to be resolved.

I read in the Newegg Customer Review that someone else is having this problem.

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks
 
Did you have stability problems only afterusing the included A.I. feature or right from the get go even before messing around with that feature?

I'd reset to optimized defaults

As well as looking up the voltages for your ram and checking to see what the actual voltages are set in the Bios for the ram
 
ive have stability issues from the beginning even before using the AIfeature. Also all votlages are and default and havent been touched. As the the optimized bios setting I have tried them but I still gey BSOD randomly

thanks
 
The defaults aren't always what the ram recommends but im just throwing ideas out there to help bump the thread for you so others might chime in
 
thanks for helping out, maybe someone else out there might know the answer.

Any replies will be helpful I don't mind if their ridiculous =]
 
I've tried filling out a RMA request but I need a S/N from the box I think. But i cut that part out of the box when I used it for a rebate... yea I also didn't keep a copy of it. Dumb idea :p anyone know what their contact number for is in MSI? They have tech support for their laptops but I do not see anything for other products.
 
You nevert posted what CPU, what voltage, what ram timing and speed. You have to give detailed specs and settings. As far as I know most of these boards default the voltage for the ram low as well as the speed. You have to bump the voltage and speed manually in the BIOS. We don't even know what the power supply is and the voltages it is putting out according to the BIOS. More info or no help. Read the stickies.
Edit: The serial number may be on your invoice or on a sticker attached to the board. Normally you can RMA through the retailer and ask asistance for manufacturer RMA through them.
Edit 2: Just realised there are no troubleshooting stickies in the motherboard section. Made a suggestion to Webmaster. Current troubleshooting stickies are posted at the top of the General Hardware forum.
 
Sorry, if I did not provide enough information. I have tried bumping the voltages and experimenting with all voltages but none of the settings stay. They all reset back to Auto when I restart the computer. Normal settings in BIOS work like Boot Priority but when it comes to the Overclocking section nothing sticks. So as of now everything can only run at Auto I cannot bump the voltages or speed up. Also my Power supply is a Corsair 750TX.
 
OK the supply is good or should be. There may be a setting called "Custom Power states" or something that may need to be enabled for the settings to stick. Check the manual and the BIOS. This sounds like a voltage problem
 
Back
Top