Problem with MOBO/RAM

in my sig i have my mother board and my ram, the SPD settings for the RAM are 2 2 2 5 yet recently i just noticed my ram was running at 2 2 4 5 i found that odd so i went to the bios and hit the by spd setting, and it didnt change the RAS value, i think thats the third numbers called, so i manually switched it to 2, and whenever my computer tried to load windows its like watching a fat kid run, gets a good start and then falls flat on his face, comp shuts off, not reboot shuts off. Tried to update the bios, but i already had the latest version, my RAM is Corsair TwinX CMX512-PC3200 if anyones heard of such a problem, lemme know.

Your board is smart enough to set the memory settings to what they should be for best performance.

Now if you are wanting to OC the system, there are some settings you need to change. Otherwise, I would select Optomized settings, on the bios screen, then enter the pages and disable everything you do not use. Serial ports, Parallel port, Firewire port, etc and some drives that may be activated in the bios screen.
After you have done this save and reboot.
Then remember the old saying "If it ain;t broke, don't be afixing it".

it looks like uve overclocked and by raising the HTT to 270 the RAM runs at that speed too...try runnin a divider to get the memory close to 200mhz and you should be able to do 2-2-2-5

o i know its overclocked, the ram is only running at 218mhz, but when everything is default the motherboard wont boot at 2 2 2 5

Back