Problem with MCE remote

Tedro

Limp Gawd
I am using MCE2k5 along with the MCE remote and I have been running the same setup for over 6 months now and now I have problems with my MCE remote or I think its the remote. When Im at the MCE start page where you chose what you want to do, I can click "OK" on any of them but as soon as I enter that subarea the "OK" button does not do anything anymore. Like I click "OK" on "My TV" and then I try to click "OK" on "Guide" nothing happens. Then I also have noticed that some of the other buttons do not work, like the keypad... that does not work if you are watching TV when it did work. I would like to know if anybody has run into this problem before or can give me any hints on what I should try to do.

Fake Edit: that is all

Not so fake edit: no free Ipods in here and none are available so dont even ask.

I have some truly excellent advice

edit: no real advice here, so don't even ask.

That happened to me too........... I changed the batteries in the remote.
All is well now.
give it a shot.

compuguru said:
That happened to me too........... I changed the batteries in the remote.
All is well now.
give it a shot.

Hahah. pwnage!

Theres a problem with the MCE remote and the battery connector, it seems that it's a bit lose and the remote stops functioning every now and then. I know that if you bought it from PC Alchemy they are willing to replace it, also theres a mod to fix it but it requires soldering skills.

Get a Free IPOD!!! and Problem with MCE remote

Don't make deceptive thread titles like that. I was prepared to ban you for one of those referral links. :rolleyes:

take the batteries out...and short the two top connectors together with a paperclip for about 5 sec. Replace batteries and it should work. I have to do that nearly every fortnight depending on how many times my guests drop the remote :(

bbboza said:
take the batteries out...and short the two top connectors together with a paperclip for about 5 sec. Replace batteries and it should work. I have to do that nearly every fortnight depending on how many times my guests drop the remote :(

Why not just drop and short the guests out? :D

Back