Problem with logon/logoff in XP

Gatticus

[H]ard|Gawd
For the past few days when I logoff my limited user account to go to my admin account I am sometimes unable to enter my password in either account in the welcome screen. No flashing cursor shows in the dialog box. I can press ctrl+alt+del twice from the logon screen and then enter it but why am I getting this random issue? It seems to have started happening after I installed some TV Tuner software, don't know if it is related though as I have stopped the Tuner software from auto loading in Windows.

No, but they are connected to a KVM. Keyboard still works though, just can't enter any text where the password is supposed to go. I thought it was maybe a virus causing it but scan shows PC clean.

Ok, does it work with the keyboard directly connected to the computer? Does it work in Safe Mode?

Keyboard works fine connected to KVM so I don't need to test it directly connected. Like I said, if I pres ctrl+alt+del two times I can enter the password in that screen no problem. It's just the welcome screen where it happens sometimes and only when logging off from my limited user account. Not all the time just the few odd times.

Back