Problem With Logitech G15 LCD display!

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
Yesterday for no apperant reason my LCD display just went blank, I shut it down last night, this morning I started the computer back up and now all that the LCD displays is the screensaver display. I checked the setting in the LCD Control Panel and they are all normal, I went to uninstall the Program so I could reinstall it, but I get an error saying that a newtork resource is unavailable, it is looking for the *.MSI file, I cant install the drivers again as I get the same error.

I had the same problem with mine once. It was LCD Studio, or whatever that was causing my problems.

I would unplug the keyboard, and boot back up with a normal keyboard plugged in. Then try uninstalling the software.

it sounds like the windows refresh rate is messed up and somehow the screensaver uses the right refresh rate.
Boot into safe mode. If it all works fine then uninstall the graphics card driver.
Boot normally and reinstall, hopefully the problem will have gone.

Chernobyl1 said:
it sounds like the windows refresh rate is messed up and somehow the screensaver uses the right refresh rate.
Boot into safe mode. If it all works fine then uninstall the graphics card driver.
Boot normally and reinstall, hopefully the problem will have gone.
its not the Windows screensaver, its the one on the little LCd screen on the G15. that has nothing to do with the video card.

as said, try unplugging the G15 and booting with a normal keyboard.

Happened once to me when I was using LCDStudio....just had to unplug, restart, uninstall software, reinstall software, plug in :)

Grentz said:
as said, try unplugging the G15 and booting with a normal keyboard.

Happened once to me when I was using LCDStudio....just had to unplug, restart, uninstall software, reinstall software, plug in :)
I tried this and still is a nogo, I cant uninstall the drivers or install new ones, I still get the error that the network resource is unavailable, and to point it to the correct location of the "Logitech G-series Keyboard Software.msi" file. I did a search of all .msi files and the one it needs is not on my computer.

Diablo2K said:
its not the Windows screensaver, its the one on the little LCd screen on the G15. that has nothing to do with the video card.

gotcha
If you get no display while booting, something is faulty, most probably the gfx card or monitor.
Reseat the graphics card and if it uses a power connector try a different connector.
If that fails, try the monitor on another machine to isolate whether the monitor or your PC is the issue.

We can sort the driver issue out after.

gotcha
If you get no display while booting, something is faulty, most probably the gfx card or monitor.
Reseat the graphics card and if it uses a power connector try a different connector.
If that fails, try the monitor on another machine to isolate whether the monitor or your PC is the issue.

We can sort the driver issue out after.

You do realize they're talking about a keyboard right? :confused:

hrm, very wierd, i cannot find any msi file that has to do with the g15 on my system.

Were you using the latest drivers? If not, you may want to download those and try doing a reinstall/upgrade.

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok, i have the solution to get the msi file you need. Download the driver package (exe) from logitech's site: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=10824

Then use winzip to extract the EXE somewhere. One of the files will be the msi file that I think you need.

If you are using the older drivers, use the EXE from that if you still have it.

Hope this helps :)

I extracted the .msi file but now when I install the driver it crashes back to desktop just after "Configuring the Installer". this is really screwed up, I am about to just format and reinstall windows, if it wasn't such a pain to get it setup the way i like it I would have already done it.

Try a System Restore before reformatting.

Also, isn't there a way to roll back the driver? Maybe that'll work too.

As a last resort, I'll offer something I hate to do, but will do nonetheless when all else fails.

Install the new driver/software package over top of the already installed package. This may fix the bad registry entries/dll's/missing files causing the issues.

Then uninstall it using add/remove. Clean up the litter, restart, and install it fresh with the latest package.

Hey, if it blows up, you were about to re-image anyway :)

-Larry

Back