Problem with LG L246WP

fender

Limp Gawd
I just got an LG L246WP yesterday and I noticed that a small (about 1 cm), lighter colored border can be seen all around the screen. Here's a photo:

img0261ob0.jpg

It's barely visible, even when showing a solid color, but it still bothers me a bit. I first noticed it with the desktop background set to this:

http://images.dr3vil.com/upload2/4work by emailandthings.jpg

So if you have a L246WP could you please set your desktop background to the above and check if you can see a light colored bared around the edge of the screen. It should be the most obvious at the top left corner.

Also, I I forgot to add that the monitor is connected to a laptop via an analog connection, and I can't test it with anything else.

Just tried that image on mine, I don't notice anything unusual. This is over HDMI, however. If it's really bothersome maybe the next step would be to exchange the monitor?

I don't see that problem on mine. I'm connected with the DVI-HDMI cable. It could be a problem with the connection or the onboard video of the laptop. Try looking at an all black screen in a dark room to see if it isn't backlight leakage.

It's not backlight leakage in the traditional sense, and unless someone pointed it out, it can't be seen on a black background - a dark shade of blue seems to make it the most visible. It's a perfectly straight 1cm thick strip that runs all around the monitor.

I'll try to take a better pic.

I can see what you're talking about (takes a good monitor to see things like that in pics ;) ) and it doesn't look normal...I would exchange if that bothers you.

When checking the hardware ids for the monitor I get Monitor\NEC61BE. What does everyone else have?

OK, I got it exchanged and the new one doesn't have the snake problem as before. This one has a new problem. The text at the center of the screen is not as sharp as it is on the sides. Like before, I have it hooked up via analog to a laptop. Could this be the reason? If it is, then why did the other monitor look perfectly clear? A defective cable perhaps?

Back