Problem with LG L246W

slingshot

Weaksauce
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
111
Hello,

I bought my LG L246W about 4.5 years ago and it has been the best monitor I've owned. But today I noticed some light blue blotches showing up though there's no pattern on a specific location or on a particular color. I've attached a pic of an example.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13818342@N03/6558221813/

Is this a monitor problem or a video card and/or driver problem? BTW I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance!!

Nick
 
Last edited:
Can a bad DVI-HDMI cable cause this problem? Other than the blotches on the desktop, I also see green stripes and flashing when I watch YouTube.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Nick
 
Awesome monitor man! I own two :)

Yes, a bad HDMI/DVI cable can cause those issues. I'd definitely try to get your hands on another.

Do you have any game systems, etc with HDMI ports? You could always hook one of those up temporarily to help rule out any issues with the monitor itself.
 
Back
Top