Problem with image downloads in Outlook after Windows 1709 update

icehole

[H]ard|Gawd
Ever since the big update on 10/27 images in emails on Outlook 2013 with download for 2-4 hours then they stop appearing even in prior emails. I have to restart the desktop then am good for the rest of the day. I have Outlook set to download images from sources I tell it to not automatically.

I am running Windows 10 Pro and Office 2013. Any ideas what changed in 1709 to cause this?

I've really gone off Outlook, personally I think it's a horrible email client.

If you do a repair install of Office, make sure your fix still works after a restart (not shutdown and turn back on - A restart). It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a repair install on Office appear to work great only to have the issue present itself once again after a reboot.

Was out all day and got back a little while ago. The problem was back so I tried running a repair on Office and it failed. I'll fuck with it tomorrow again.

Was out all day and got back a little while ago. The problem was back so I tried running a repair on Office and it failed. I'll fuck with it tomorrow again.

Try and reinstall Office. I run outlook 2013 at work and its fine on 1709 for me.

Bear in mind that when it comes to Windows 10, there's uninstalling office and then there's uninstalling Offfice. Quite often you need to use the Office uninstallation tool in order to get a clean install of Office, otherwise there's remnants left behind that conflict with your new install, especially where MS keep installing trials of Office 2016 and OneNote by default in an attempt to push newer products onto the consumer.

See the 'easy fix it tool' here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...rom-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

There was another round of Office 2013 updates pushed out this morning so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if they have fixed the problem.

Appear that yesterdays update fixed what ever the problem was. Thanks for all the suggestions but I am glad I didn't have to reinstall.

Back