Problem with IE 8

tsonka

Limp Gawd
Please help with IE8 if ya can, I’m about to pull my hair out.

I am having 2 issues and I think they may be related.

1. I am tired of the following warnng when I change webpages:

“Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?

How do I turn it off??

2. IE8 is blocking a lot of images, usually in emails. This typically happens on webpages that follow the above warning.

Go into the internet options, security, custom and Enable Show Mixed Content. It is currently set to Prompt.

Solution: Firefox

This. I thought maybe Microsoft would get on the right track with IE8, but they failed. I like the less-shiny interface (although the layout still sucks) and that's about it.

IE8 has been working great for me. I've never liked Firefox and it's own set of quirks.

Solution: Firefox

This. I thought maybe Microsoft would get on the right track with IE8, but they failed. I like the less-shiny interface (although the layout still sucks) and that's about it.

:rolleyes:

He asked for help with IE. Might as well have an Apple user tell him to throw his PC away and get an Apple and everything'll be fine.

As if a "Use Firefox" response is a surprise? Bleh... nothing wrong with IE8. and Firefox has its own issues on some sites.

There is no perfect browser even in spite of Apple's bullshit about Safari. There never will be...

:rolleyes:

He asked for help with IE. Might as well have an Apple user tell him to throw his PC away and get an Apple and everything'll be fine.

He already got the answer.

Telling someone to try switching from IE to Firefox is nothing like telling someone they should switch from a PC to Apple. :rolleyes:

As if a "Use Firefox" response is a surprise? Bleh... nothing wrong with IE8. and Firefox has its own issues on some sites.

There is no perfect browser even in spite of Apple's bullshit about Safari. There never will be...

Of course, but I've found that of all the browsers Firefox is the best for me. I've had so many issues IE8 not rendering pages correctly and/or crashing that I can't reccomend it, especially when good alternatives like Firefox and Chrome are availible.

He already got the answer.

Telling someone to try switching from IE to Firefox is nothing like telling someone they should switch from a PC to Apple. :rolleyes:

Of course you would see it that way. You're clearly unbiased :rolleyes:

It gets old. People ask for help with IE and you get 10 posts telling them to switch to Safari or Firefox or Opera or anything else just because they have no clue about IE.

News flash: Firefox isn't what it used to be.

And Joe, it wasn't a surprise to me. It's just one of those moment you can't help but sigh and shake your head.

Of course you would see it that way. You're clearly unbiased :rolleyes:

It gets old. People ask for help with IE and you get 10 posts telling them to switch to Safari or Firefox or Opera or anything else just because they have no clue about IE.

I'm biased because I prefer Firefox?

I suppose the fact that I'm stuck using IE at work and its crashed on me four times today already may be biasing me. :)

Besides, he already got the answer, I was just adding my opinion. Firefox still works great for me, dunno why some people think its getting bloated or whatever.

How is it any worse than you or Ahzar's opinion that IE is perfectly fine? :rolleyes:

I like Firefox's interface, stability, and addons. Why do you like IE so much?

I didn't say IE was fine. I said the guy asked for IE help. He didn't ask what other browsers are out there.

If you like Firefox, wonderful! Make a post on it! We'll be happy to hear your opinion!

I didn't say IE was fine. I said the guy asked for IE help. He didn't ask what other browsers are out there.

If you like Firefox, wonderful! Make a post on it! We'll be happy to hear your opinion!

And as I said, HE ALREADY GOT THE ANSWER. I just thought I'd continue the conversation. Holy cow people.

I never said you were right, Death, nor did I say you were wrong. I only commented on the fact that in such discussions, someone will invariably just tell the person with the issue "Screw IE, use <insert the browser the person answering probably finds works best for them>" which is exactly what happened. The person that said "Solution: Firefox" will of course say that Firefox is his/her/whatever favorite browser.

In years of using IE as required, from IE5 through IE8, I swear I've had less than a mere handful of crashes of the browser and in the situations where it did crash it wasn't because the browser is bad - it was because something really fucked the entire machine up and caused it. If you're using a machine and IE8 is crashing at all I would suspect the entire machine is pooched to begin with and not just that one application.

You read way too much into this stuff... <in before the lock...>

In years of using IE as required, from IE5 through IE8, I swear I've had less than a mere handful of crashes of the browser and in the situations where it did crash it wasn't because the browser is bad - it was because something really fucked the entire machine up and caused it. If you're using a machine and IE8 is crashing at all I would suspect the entire machine is pooched to begin with and not just that one application.

Possibly, although I've been having these problems with all our XP machines. I havent really used IE8 much on Vista/7 yet (other than to download Firefox :D), so it might just be an issue on our XP systems.

You read way too much into this stuff...

Nah, I was just trying to strike up a discussion and it wasn't going anywhere. I'm sitting here at work waiting for a project to finish rendering on another machine (and hoping IE doesn't crash again :p).

LAWLZ... I didn't actually say that as a solution, more as a joke. I myself prefer Firefox. I didn't mean for a war to break out. And besides everyone knew it was coming.

Why not use all the freeking browsers you want? That's what I do. IE is my default for various reasons but I also use FF and Chrome and others less frequently.

Back