• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem with hard drives.

AaronP

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
11,527
I'm having a problem with my two 160GB. I'm asking here just to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Specs that matter:
1GB OCZ RAM
A64 3500 Venice
ASUS A8N-E
Western Digital 160GB SATA Cavier x 2

I just built my new rig today, and I bought the 2 HDDs from Prometheum. I rarely use more than 1 SATA HDD in any rig I've built but I got a really good deal and bought 2 for my personal rig, I'd planned on running them in RAID 0. But when I powered up my rig and went into my bios it won't pick up my HDDs. Other than my Hard Drives my rig runs fantastic, but without the HDDs it's pretty much pointless (I can't find my Knoppix CD too!). I thought maybe it wasn't getting power, but when I tried both Legacy and SATA Power cords and put my hand on it, Icould feel it heat up, but I couldn't feel or hear them spin. I believe they're dead but I've never had dead drives that wouldn't spin, they've always spun. So could anyone please help me out here? Suggestions are welcome!
 
i bet its your bios settings

i'd be willing to bet that you probably have the NVRaid turned on, in which case the hard drives won't show up at the main bios screen (the first one) they'll just show up as nothing or disabled, then when you press F10 at the nvraid screen (the one after post....it says press f10) you should be able to mess with your drives there.

if you don't want raid, or want to try it at least without, disable the nvraid in the 3rd page of the bios (i think, u'll find it, its right near where you turn usb on or off too....
 
Back
Top