• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with getting native display resolution to work!

minase

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
95
I have an HP F2105 that was working perfectly on my XP laptop but when I swtiched the monitor over to my win98 pc, the monitor won't display in it's native resolution (1680x1050)

The max resolution the lcd can display on my pc is 1600x1024. Previiously my card (Asus geforce 5200 fx) was able to run a Viewsonic crt at 1600x1200, and even higher! I don't have that option with the LCD even though I installed the drivers that came with it and updated my nvidia software.


I have tried adding a resolution to the nvidia settings but it says the resolution is not allowed. HP doesn't seem to offer any driver updates for this monitor on their site, so now I'm not sure If I'm supposed to run out and buy a new video card, or find a way to force the current video drivers to display 1680x1050.


Any ideas?
 
Bump...


anyone think it could be due to the graphic card, video driver or OS? I mean has anyone here successfully used a widescreen lcd panel on win98?
 
Your GFX probably have a resolution cap at 1600x1200 on DVI. Try using VGA instead. :)
 
Actually I am using vga.


I'm still not sure if this is a limitiation of windows 98. When I plug in my viewsonic CRT I can get resolution options of 1920x1200, etc... even though it's a standard 4:3 monitor but when I put in the HP LCD the max res I can select is 1600x1024 which is below that lcd's native resolution. Again this is all VGA I'm working with since my card doesn't have DVI.

Therefore I don't think it's a win98 limitation but I'm not exactly sure. When I upgraded my nvidia drivers nothing changed, so I'm thinking it was due to the monitor drivers. The only drivers available for this LCD monitor is the one it came along with on cd (it's not even available on the HP website). I tried to use different monitor drivers for this LCD (like generic drivers, the viewsonic driver and the HP 2304 driver) and force them to work, but nothing's helped.



Can you guys please offer some more suggestions?
 
Back
Top