• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem with floppy drive

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
1,245
I just built a new system and when I tried to boot off the floppy, it wouldn't work. The green light is always on, and whenever I pop in a disk, it just keeps on reading it.

I've installed Win XP on the machine now, and I still get the same error. It just won't pick up ANY floppy in the drive.


Any ideas as to what I can do about this? The person I built it for really needs a floppy, and not having one isn't an option.
 
Sound like you need to flip the cable. If the light stays on, then the cable is upside down.
 
I've tried the cable, but I'll try again.

As for drivers, I've never encountered a floppy drive that needs drivers!
 
if the green light is ALWAYS on that means your cables are reversed or you have a defective floppy drive. 95% of the times cables are reversed
 
Yep its the stupid cable.
When I built me first PC it took my an hour to figure out that I had to reverse the cable. :D
 
Back
Top