Problem with Far Cry demo

Critofur

Put a Fork in Me, cuz I'm DONE.
I've got a 5900, installed the latest drivers, here's my problem:
far_cry.jpg

That's with all the Far Cry graphics set on low, if I set them on high then everything but the hud turns one shade of brown.

beta 61.71? I get the same thing in the full game. Installing the 1.1 patch fixes it, something you probably can't do with the demo. Using older drivers works without the patch.

pxc said:
beta 61.71? I get the same thing in the full game. Installing the 1.1 patch fixes it, something you probably can't do with the demo. Using older drivers works without the patch.

Sorry, I should have said exactly what version ~ no, the latest non-beta from the Nvidia site.
56.72 - I figured that would be fine.

pxc said:
try 61.45, maybe those work. www.guru3d.com

I've tried a few different versions, no luck. I had some luck using OpenGL but the colors are off and it's WAY to dark, if I turn up the gamma enough to start to be able to see it looks terrible, weird colors, washed out, burnt looking. I hope they release a patch for the demo, I wouldn't want to buy a game if the demo doesn't work right.
:confused:

Great insight, infin|ty.

Downloaded the demo to give it a try today as well and I've got the same problem on my leaktek/winfast 5700. Although I get blue instead of brown heh.

Wierd thing though, my overclock tab in my drivers disappeared as well and wont come back irregardless of what I set coolbits to. Performance drops for me by 10-15% in everything on any driver past the ones on nvidias site as well.

Sun_tzu617 said:
Maybe ur card is dying?

No problems in all the other games I play. Also, it does not have the look of typical hardware problems. It looks like a software problem.

infin|ty said:
buy the real game?

The purpose of the demo is to evaluate to see if I want to buy the game. I certainly would not buy it based on my demo experience. Since my demo experience is so crappy, if anything, I will download the full version to see how it works before I buy it, unless the store I buy it from has a no-hassle return policy on software. I've wasted far too much money on software that does nothing besides taking up space on my shelf collecting dust.

Critofur said:

The purpose of the demo is to evaluate to see if I want to buy the game. I certainly would not buy it based on my demo experience. Since my demo experience is so crappy, if anything, I will download the full version to see how it works before I buy it, unless the store I buy it from has a no-hassle return policy on software. I've wasted far too much money on software that does nothing besides taking up space on my shelf collecting dust.

Try updating your chipset drivers and reinstall DX 9.0b baring. If those don't do it, well dunno without actually being there to try stuff, would take me hours of typing.

hmmm. I just installed the original demo and it looks fine:
fc.jpg

I'm using the 61.71 drivers and a 5900.

Back