• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with eVGA 6800 LE

Simpsonia

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
24
Well I jumped on the bandwagon with the eVGA 6800 LE that was basically the underclocked Ultra.

I went home for the weekend and it had come in the mail, I couldnt wait to get it back to my dorm so I popped it in my computer at home 2100+ a7n8x, 2 HDs, 1 cd, 400w allied psu 17amp 12v rail. Fresh install of XP too worked like a champ, 16 pipes 6 ps, used the stock bios and 61.77. Used RivaTuner to OC to 350, again worked like a champ, no artifacts was great. Mind you one rail for both connectors on the 6800. I then used rivatuner to restore all driver defaults back to 325/1050.

I bring it back to my dorm tonight to put it in my main machine 3500+ A8V dx rev2, 2 HDs, 1 DVDR, 80mm Tornado on fan controller for CPU, 450w Austin/Foxconn PSU 18amp 12v rail. I uninstalled the old drivers, booted safe mode, ran driver cleaner, rebooted installed 61.77's. On reboot right after windows load monitor goes to sleep. Ok so I uninstall drivers try the 66.81's same thing. Ok I figure maybe power consumption, I give it 2 seperate rails. Nope same thing unplug everything but HD and cpu fan, same thing.

Im at a loss right now, I had to throw my ti4200 back in to function. It worked fine over the weekend on a smaller machine and psu but now it wont function if it's drivers are installed.
 
Back
Top