• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problem with EAC

oOo sam lee oOo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
297
i got EAC to try to rip some CDs, but when i try to set up, it goes to the setup wizard, and the only cd drive it detects is called like BX...and a bunch of letters and numbers. It doesnt detect my sony cd drive (which i thought would be labeled as Sony something) or my dvd burner. I try to continue with the installation, like two screens after it asks for a cd inside the drive, when i already have one in there. It says it can't find any songs or cds. I tried other programs and it detects the drive as the same thing, and it can't read any songs. I read something at the forums of EAC about like ASPI or something, but didnt really get what they were saying to do. What do i do?

thanks
 
. I tried other programs and it detects the drive as the same thing, and it can't read any songs.

If I understand you correctly, then the problem doesn't seem to be with EAC at all. It sounds like you do not have the drives installed correctly. What OS are you using? Is this an OEM or self-built PC? If you are using Windows, do the drives appear correctly under Device Manager?

Drives will appear in EAC with their hardware name, for instance the PC I'm on right now has a drive named: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4481B
This is how the drive appears in Nero and other such programs as well.

Edit: This drive is horrible by the way; I think it is some 'budget' OEM junk. Now, the NEC drive I have is quite nice.
 
Back
Top