Problem with Dell U2711....Text distorted

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
1,853
I just installed my newly purchased monitor, the infamous u2711. I used to have the dell Dell 2005FPW. It served me well, and now it should serve my kids. Anyways, all is good with the new u2711 except for text! It is distorted and highly readable. As far as I'm aware, monitor installation is just straight forward and shouldn't be a hassle in any way!

So what's wrong? I tried uninstalling/reinstalling my GTX 460 driver but it didn't help. The monitor is at its native resolution. And it shouldn't be any of the other display settings or at least that's how I think. DPI, refresh rate, cleartype text......etc wouldn't have an effect.

Driver is bad maybe or not compatible? When I uninstalled the video card driver and windows resorted to using its standard driver... Things became okay... so what does that tell me? In fact that's what I going to do now. I'll use windows drivers and make sure the problem is really not there.

Note: If I zoom in the text will be sharp and clear.
 
Bear with me. I'm trying to find a suitable photo to post here
 
Something like this:



Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Almost. If I go and zoom in text will of course turn sharp and crystal clear.
 
Never mind. It was the cable. It had to be dual link.
 
Yep that would do it, im surprised it even let you use 2560x1440 with a single link DVI. Either way glad you got it figured out! How are you doing with the AG coating?
 
What about AG coating? How do I like it? Or am I going to remove it? To tell something about myself :

With such monitors, I just use car tenting film to make it easy on my eyes. That's what I did with my last dell monitor and it sounds like I'll do it with this monitor.
 
Back
Top