Problem with Canyon Flight test in 3dmark06.... screenie

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2003
Messages
1,804
screwedup068pg.jpg


The screen whites totally out periodically, and then changes to all sorts of strange purple/green/gold colors....then goes normal, then screws up again. Only in this test.

I tried both my x1800xl with the zalman, built by ATI and another x1800xl by saphire that is totally stock. Both do the exact same thing. Cat 5.13 drivers with CCC and no overclock, standard benchmark settings......
 
most definately not. Played Far Cry with the HDR patch and lost coast with no problems at all. This is the first time i've seen this crazyness. I wonder if it has something to do with my texture settings or cat ai.....still playing around with it.
 
there is a patch out already for 3dmark06, you could see if that resolves the issue if you haven't already tried it.
 
Yup I have the latest version.

Just updated to the 6.1 cats and I still have the problem

screwed23am.jpg
 
I noticed a post over at the futuremark forum that a few others have this problem with x1800xls.....oooohhh goody. Still screwing with it to see if I can fix it.
 
well it looks like I "fixed" it. Just reset everything to default settings in CCC and it ran that test with no problem. Will double check to see if that fixed it, as I also put my ram on the 140mhz divider just to see if that has any effect.....seems doubtful to me that overclocked ram could make it go nuts like that, but hey, who knows......
 
As awesome as that looks....that sucks guys. I kinda get the same problem when I clock my GTX WAY too high, but I also get regular artifacts so this is just odd.
 
I get the same problem.


edit: ok looks like we have the solution.

now we need a patch from someone.
 
Ok, I figured out the deal. Running x1800xl, 6.1 cats, using CCC to set the detail, you cannot pull the mipmap detail slider all the way to the left. That causes the above mentioned test to geek out whenever water is present on the screen. Pulling the slider to the right one notch fixes it.
 
So the question is, how many of my 3dmarks and I being ROBBED OF BY THOSE NVIDIA LOVING SCUMBAGS AT FUTUREMARK RAWRRAWRRAR... :)


As far as I can tell around 50-100? Oh god the humanity. I am totally RMAing my x1800xl to futuremark when it melts because they made me overclock it too hard to keep up with the nvidia guys! yeah! thats it!

Owell, I guess its a cat driver fix? Doesnt matter. Dunno how many more times I can possibly look at the 1-2fps cpu slideshow anyhow. ;)
 
Aaron_ATX said:
Dunno how many more times I can possibly look at the 1-2fps cpu slideshow anyhow. ;)

Agree. Totally underwhelming.
What a rip off that two of the tests are the same.
I never liked proxicon the first time around.
The forest one is ok with 2 lights now.
The 2 cpu tests, red something are just ugly.
The snow scene is really the only nice thing in the whole program.
 
Stereophile said:
Agree. Totally underwhelming.
What a rip off that two of the tests are the same.
I never liked proxicon the first time around.
The forest one is ok with 2 lights now.
The 2 cpu tests, red something are just ugly.
The snow scene is really the only nice thing in the whole program.

i like the new canyon flight one with all the new water details and such. makes the scenery really nice. The snow one is kind of boring.

Proxycon is still retarded as crap. The forest is ok.

and the cpu tests are stupid. Apparantly they are limited to 2 fps. -_- I like 05's cpu tests much better. EVEN though they were the same as the other tests.
 
What a strange bug. I can't think of any portion of the rendering path that would cause such a thing...any one else have any thoughts?
 
Nevermind. I am a retard. I read his post incorrectly. Amazing, I thought that never happened on the internet.
 
Back
Top