Problem with audio files (MP3)

zetachi

Gawd
So on my Desktop PC I have MP3 files.

1st ones are standard Music MP3's
2nd are Audio Book MP3's

Everything was working fine until @ 3-4 days ago.

Now only the Music MP3 files work. whenever I try and play the Audio Books they sound like they are being played in Molasses. I though that maybe somehow all my books were corrupted but the same files i have on my laptop work fine. I even re-copied over the same files to my desktop and the new files had same issues.

Have not a clue as to what is going on.

Anyone with any suggestions or an inkling of what is going on?

Thanks

What program are you using too play your music and which too play your audiobooks?

I've tried winamp, Media Monkey and WMP all play the music but same issue on all with Books. And I've tried multiple books.

Are these audio books that you have listened to before and then suddenly they don't work or are these new audio books that just don't work?

Any chance you want to send me just one of the small mp3 for the audio book like a intro or something so I can see if the problem is replicated on my computer? You can pm me and ill send you an email too send it too.

listened to before and now they don't work. Issue is not storage location specific. As some are on my WHS and some are on the PC. I'm thinking maybe something to do with the sound card or maybe codecs but nothing has changed recently

its bizzare cause the same files play fine on my Lenovo laptop. I have not tried them on my other PC. Will try that tonight to see what happens.

Yes my guess is the sound card you should try changing the playback frequencies. The thing your mentioning has happened too me before after messing with that.
The problem is it caused all audio files to do it not just one type. So that's very interesting.
The quickest solution if you don't have time to test each setting the sound card has you could uninstall and install your sound drivers.

Figured it out. Had to switch Creative Audio Panel from Game to entertainment mode. Not sure why but it seems to have fixed the problem.

Back