Problem with AIM and URL's...System error 31?

Not long ago I decided to try the browser MYIE2 and I didn't like it. I uninstalled it (using bundled uninstall prog) but now any links I click in aol instant messenger bring up the error message*:

aimerror1.JPG

*url changes depending on where link is directed to

Clicking ok brings up the message:

aimerror2.JPG

I can navigate this to select Internet Explorer as the default program, but the setting does not "stick" - I have to do it every time I click a link.

Anybody know how to fix it? The only mention of error 31 that I see on aim.com links to a microsoft fix, but that didn't do anything for me. :confused:

I notice that's an image link, does it happen with all urls? Even regular HTML pages?

How about this, what does a saved URL or an HTML page, say on your desktop, look like? What icon is displayed? Try the shift+right-click -> open with method and see of that works.

odoe said:
I notice that's an image link, does it happen with all urls? Even regular HTML pages?

How about this, what does a saved URL or an HTML page, say on your desktop, look like? What icon is displayed? Try the shift+right-click -> open with method and see of that works.

It does it with URLs too. I will try your advice now.

edit: HEYYYYYYYY!! When I made a shortcut to a webpage on the desktop, it displayed the IE icon, but wouldn't launch IE when double clicked. Windows said that some settings in the Folder Options were incorrect, so I went and looked. Settings for web pages were all associated with MYIE2 still, all I had to do was remove the references to it and my problem is now solved! Thanks a lot!

edit2: How about that, the [H] is back for less than a half hour and already it's helping me out. :D

Back