Problem with a script

K1llaB

Limp Gawd
Hoping i can get some help here.

Have a10+ year old system that use rlogin to access some telco equipment. Everything worked fine when both hosts were Solaris based.

They recently upgraded the remote system to a MontaVista Linux distro. Now the script times out. Looking through the logs, it appears that the Linux system isnt recognizing the commands after the password, causing the script to eventually time out since it never gets an expected host prompt in return. We have another system still on the original OS & script runs perfect. So its a change w Linux OS.

Ran some packet captures of the script doing an rlogin & me doing it manually. I notice when i enter the password & hit <enter> a \r is sent, & then a \n\r. But when the script runs, it sends a \n. Been trying to figure out how to add a \r to the script but to no avail.

Any suggestions that can be done on my script or what can be done on the remote side? i know rlogin is enabled & works as i can manually do it myself. Just seems to be problem w/ this script accessing the remote end.

thanks.

What language is the script written in?

Can you post a snippet?

In a lot of cases adding a carriage return is as simple as adding "\r", but we need to know what language and if you can post that snippet. Should be quite a simple fix.

Finally got it!

We were adding a \r after password thinking that should fix it. But found it required a \13 which is the decimal value for a CR.

Back