Problem with 5750 on my computer

Joined
Oct 24, 2009
Messages
1
Here my rig spec:
Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium
E6600 2.4Ghz
GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 3.3)
G. Skill 2GB DDR2 800
XFX Radeon 5750
Rosewill RP550-2 550W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182017)
Play games at 1680x1050 resolution
Using latest drivers from AMD

I'm having some problems where the whole system would crash and I have to manually reboot each time, the symptoms I have gotta so far is, the screen turns brown and the sounds start making clicky noises and I can't do anything after that. I play WoW on my comp and the crash would usually happen 30-1hr in the game when Im raiding. I tried using the ATI CCC overdrive to increase the fan speed on the video card(it usually runs at 40C to 55C under load) with the same problems happening again. I tried using the test on the overdrive to see what would happen and so far, the screen will lit up with the color spectums(red,green,yellow,blue,etc) 1cm to each other lining up real close together and looking quite weird like the system crash, but I can tab out of it.

Im curious if my problem is video card related or do I not have enough power to supply the video card? Im leaning towards my PSU being the problem but I want some input on it if it is or not.
 
Last edited:
I am getting the same thing or something similiar. I have been using Nvidia cards forever. this is my first ATI card, so I am not sure if it's the card or power supply. I have expereinced the grey or brown screen outisde of game use too. I was running a 9600GT beofre this without any problems.
 
Back
Top