Problem w/ router; possible new router

TSS Modder

2[H]4U
Ive been having trouble with my Netgear WGR614. im pretty sure its a v.2. anyways, after about 5 mins after booting my laptop, the network just drops, and then catches again after about 10 seconds. (btw, this is wirelss lappy and wired desktop) this isnt too annoying, but id prefer not to have this issue. the other issue that i just noticed is that after the lappy is on the network for a little bit and the desktop is turned on, the network will just drop out and my router has to be reset. sometimes my network will just drop out at random times for no apparent reason and needs to be reset (namely *cough*kazaa lite*cough* and *cough*abc bittorent*cough*). it can really become annoying. it sounds like the router could possibly be dying, but i doubt it. if anyone knows of a solution to these issues thatd be great. also, if this dies or the problem cant be fixed, i might just replace it. in that case, id appreciate some recommendations for a new router. i like the looks of the netgears, but at this point i couldnt care less about what the router looks like, as long as it works. so at this point im kinda stuck and am in need of help. side notes: this network is protected via WPA-PSK TKIP. the router is almost a year old. its a 'g' router, and under settings it says running 'g' and 'b' side by side. hp zd7000 notebook w/ integrated broadcom wireless 'g' chipset. if you need any other info, just leave a question posted.

Back