Problem /w D-Link wireless network!

Problem: Somtimes i lose signal/connection while on the computer:but then if i do the "rescan" option on the d-link utility the internet connection comes back...Also sometimes i'll lose internet connection and notice on the d-link utility that theres no MAC address assigned like there usually is.

Specs: DI-524 and DWL-G510

>I use MAC filtering on my network, i heard its better then WEP and such...
>I notice somtimes it takes awhile for XP to get a network address...and then i have to click rescan on the d-link utility to get on the internet.
>Eventually i want to have 3 computer and 2 xbox's on my wireless network without signal drops/connection problems...
>Should i try a different channel or something?right now its on 6 i believe.

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Argh, D-Link. I've had enough problems with dropping wireless connections and D-Link. In particular it was the G520+ PCI NIC. Their drivers are extremely unstable and I think the same applies to the G510. Try downloading and installing Asus' drivers for the WL-138g, which uses the same Marvell chipset as your NIC. People have reported that they are way more stable. Actually the WL-138g is the NIC I'm using right now (returned the D-Link card).

Back