Problem running multiple gpu clients

DrMerc

n00b
I have a 9800GTX2 and a 8800GT in one machine. For the last 2-3 days when I run all three clients, after a few hours, the two 9800gtx2 clients slow down from ~5000ppd to 500ppd.

The EVGA precision tool shows them running at 50-60% usage instead of 100.

Log files don't show any errors!

Any ideas?

I have a 9800GTX2 and a 8800GT in one machine. For the last 2-3 days when I run all three clients, after a few hours, the two 9800gtx2 clients slow down from ~5000ppd to 500ppd.

The EVGA precision tool shows them running at 50-60% usage instead of 100.

Log files don't show any errors!

Any ideas?

How are your GPU temperatures? I don't know a thing about eVGA precision and use MSI's Afterburner utility to track things down on my desktop. Do you notice whether it is throttling down your GPU clocks by any chance?

Use GPUz, and under the sensors tab you'll see clocks, are those diff than what you set?

I'm running the same config in Nostromo right now, so I know it works, I just think your temps got too high and you got put in 2d mode
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Not sure if you can, but I added just one 120mm fan blowing directly across and into the GX2 (mines naked) and it keeps that and my 88GT at or below 70

been running non stop for almost a month now, but I'm getting ready to swap around mobo's so I can OC myQ66 on my gamer rig and really use my 470 to it's best, but until I shit down for that It will have run 24/7 since I built it no problems
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Do you have them set up as separate gpu's, ie using the flags -gpu 0, -gpu 1, -gpu 2 in each individual client?

That would be my guess.
Make sure SLi is disabled in the driver as well for the GX2.

Back