• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem Running DVI

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
3,035
I been having a problem running DVI on my LCD. I've run VGA most of the time but decided to try hooking up DVI because I heard it looks better and the screen turns black and goes to standby right when it gets ready to go to the blue welcome screen and then to the desktop. Could this be a driver issue or could something be loose?
 
Does the DVI work in safe mode?

I only had problems initially with DVI when i tried to hook up my Geforce2 64MB (Hercules Prophet II....anyone remember those? :) ) to my 23" Sony LCD screen. It turned black on me as well because the DVI on the card could only handle 1280 x 1024, and I had my resolution set to 1920 x 1200. But I am sure your card won't have that problem since it's much more recent.

On my Radeon 9700 Pro I didn't have to do anything, just plug it in and it works...so, I dunno really.

Manny
 
Do you have both VGA and DVI plugged in at the same time to that card? Cuase I have that (for my KVM) and it sometimes defaults to VGA. Try seeing if it works with VGA unplugged. If not, as manny said, try lowering your resolution and see what happens. Is it possible to try a DVI-VGA converter and use the monitors VGA to make sure the DVI port isnt bad. If its not bad, is it possible to use a different monitor with DVI to see if its the monitor?
 
Back
Top