Problem Resuming From Sleep - Vista 64 w/ Sp1

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
Im having a problem resuming from Sleep. Im running Vista 64 with SP1. Im getting a BSOD 0x00000124 just before the welcome screen when the computer is resuming from sleep. It will resume from sleep fine with stock CPU settings, but with the overclocked settings at 3.6 i will get the BSOD. The funny thing is that it seems perfectly stable at 3.6 when playing games or during prime95 so I dont understand what the problem is. I've been running at 3.6 since I've had the Q6600, but I never really noticed the problem because I never put my computer to sleep. Prime 95 is stable all day so what could be the issue?

Any suggestions? I've tried with only 2 x 1gb sticks of memory, same issue. Could it be my power supply? Any bios settings I should check. Any voltages I should be especially aware of when overclocked?

Thanks

Sounds like a driver issue, specifically video, because the problem happens when coming from sleep state. Nvidia drivers suck. Big time. I bet on their bad drivers. To get sure of it, try the same with native Vista video drivers. In case the BSOD is gone, you found the problem.

You can alway hibernate too if it works fine.

Sounds like a driver issue, specifically video, because the problem happens when coming from sleep state. Nvidia drivers suck. Big time. I bet on their bad drivers. To get sure of it, try the same with native Vista video drivers. In case the BSOD is gone, you found the problem.

You can alway hibernate too if it works fine.

I doubt it's the driver. NV drivers do not "suck big time" as you say. I am betting the overclock is a bit weak, and when it resumes from sleep (which is a low power mode) the resulting lower cpu voltage may crash the machine (because it is too low) before the machine can "catch up" and apply the higher voltage.

In other words.....your post sounds like a fa-n-boy post....:p

Back