Problem, or expected behavior

mikey71497

Limp Gawd
Brand New Cisco ASA5505...IPsec VPN tunnel streaming movies from my home server to work laptop. My work laptop is connected 100mb to corp net switch. I am not sure if there are any traffic shapers on the switch, but when I stream a movie, it tends to pause, stutter, then play fine, then pause and stutter at random times. Is there a setting on the ASA I should check, or is this normal for streaming video over a VPN tunnel? My cable connection is 30/5.

Haven't tried yet as I have only been able to do it at work. I will have to bring my laptop over to my inlaws and connect to their wifi and VPN in and stream.

Assuming there isn't anything misconfigured with the ASA it sounds like your company has some basic bandwidth filtering and streaming. We do that at my work. Gives Voice priority over streaming

Haven't tried yet as I have only been able to do it at work. I will have to bring my laptop over to my inlaws and connect to their wifi and VPN in and stream.

wait a second, why are you watching movies adn tv at work ? arn't you suppose to be working ?

5 up is pretty slow for streaming video. Your issue is probably not enough bandwidth at home.

Back