• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem on sony CRT

Joined
Jun 25, 2001
Messages
677
I have a sony multiscanE540

Recently i noticed diagonal lines that go over my dark colors.

the WHOLE Screen is covered with them.

lower resolution makes the lines far apart, high res makes them closer together so its not burned into the screen.
at 1280x1024 they are 1.25 inches apart and at a 15 degree angle slanting up from the left to right. On black they look like little red/green lines.

I cant take a screenshot as they wont show up but ill try to see if a digital camera will show them.


Any suggestions?
 
These are called retrace lines and they should not be visible under normal circumstances. I had gray retrace lines when my screen was too bright. I don't know what colored ones mean, is the rest of the image ok?

See if you can find the service manual here http://rv6llh.rsuh.ru/shema.htm , There may be adjustments under the hood you can try. Beyond that there probably isn't much you can do.
 
Have you tried running the Image Restoration option (found in the color menu).
 
OMG! I think the image restoration worked. Playing with it now to verify.

Ok, now its better, but the image looks faded. The blacks are not as black as i want, and the colors seem dull. I'm trying to fix by adjusting the controls randomly, but I am not very good at it.

Pointers or explanations would be super.
 
Back
Top