Problem, need help.

rotteneggz

Limp Gawd
Hi,
im having this really anoying problem with my computer. Everytime i play counter-strike for about 20-30 min in game (some time's longer, sometimes earlier), my computer restarts out of nowhere. I'm thinking its because my comp is getting too hot, anybody got any suggestions?

hey rotteneggz, What i would do is install MBM5 (motherboard monitor 5) and play the game for like 5 to 10 mins then exit out and see what you temp is. I think it's your processor temp. You should post your cooling and Vcore settings and stuff like that.

Does it reboot at any other time? Any other games? Try a stress test (think 3DMark01) and see if it does it there too. Is it overclocked? Looked for viruses, spybots?

you can also take the side off your case and see if that lets you play longer. If it does, you know it's still overheating.

thx for the quick reply's,
Ill try running some tests like you suggested, first with mbm then 3dmark and see what happens.
My cpu is overclocked from 733 to 825mhz and my g3 ti200 is oced to 225/475.
I never had this problem, just started happenning since it started getting hot down here.

ummm, i have one on my cpu, one on my video card, and 1 on my power supply. And thats about it.

just unclock your vid card a lil bit, that and possibly your cpu, and that should make it run better.

OMG. That's the first case I've heard of without a single case fan. Sheesh. You need to have one on the back. Normally it goes up there near the CPU. That gets rid of the absolute worst of the heat. No wonder you have temperature problems, the only air movement is around the places that generate heat, and they will mostly just keep getting the same air. Oh, and also, most cases have a single fan in the front at the bottom. This fan typically blows in to try to get the (presumably) cooler air from the front of the case. Ideally creating a flow going from the front of the case to the back.

BTW, CS requires no ocing on that setup. It ran quite smoothly on a P2-350 and a GF2 GTS and before that, a mere Voodoo 2 (albiet maxxed out at 800x600) for me if I remember correctly. At least, if you refer to the original HL mod. To be honest, I never was a big fan of CS for some reason.

Back