Problem installing XP x64 on RAID-0 volume

Lungfixer

n00b
I attempted to install XP 64-bit on a RAID-0 volume. When I load the CD, I press "F6" as instructed. When prompted, I press the "S" key and load the floppy with the Intel ICH9R RAID driver. Windows accepts the driver with no error.

However, a short time later I receive an error that Windows "cannot copy iaStor.sys" (if I skip, it lists a few other drivers as well). 32-bit XP accepts and copies the (32-bit) drivers, and the floppy was created from the same ASUS CD as the 64-bit floppy was. I've tried three different new floppy disks, same results.

Anyone here know of existing compatibility issues with XP-64 and Intel ICH9R drivers?

It might be the computer gods telling you to ditch RAID0 for something more useful. Anyway, have you tried using the latest drivers from Intel? Anytime I get a CD with a motherboard, I use it as a coaster for the beer I'm having while I install my OS on the new setup.

As Deacon said try the latest drivers from Intel.

And like Deacon the CD's I get with hardware never touch my CD drive. I always go right to the source for the latest drivers. Heck I wont even go to the board manufactures web site for drivers I always go to the site of the company that manufactured the chip set, in this case Intel.

I had the same issue when I was trying to load the drivers from a USB floppy. If I used an IDE floppy the drivers copied fine.

It could also be the txtsetup.oem. If it's directly from Intel, it should work.

Back