Problem installing driver software

Sven_Lee

Limp Gawd
I have a problem. I am currently trying to install my new vid card I got from a friend. It's not the best but my nVidia card took a dump and I'm fed up with nVidia so I'm going back to ATI..

Here's my problem.

I'm running Vista 64 bit edition, switching from a GeForce 7 series vid card to an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro. I can't get the driver software to install correctly. It keeps failing when it tries to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable software. It seems to install the driver software and CCC just fine, but the driver software won't work without the C++ I guess cuz it says it's not installed when I try to open the CCC after the installation (which, at the end of the installation it's kind enough to inform me that there were failures during the installation (gee, really?)) SO, what should I do? I'm getting fed up having spent 2 hours trying to just install a freakin' vid card driver. WTF!? Please help. Thanks.

Have you tried using Restore prior to the driver install?
Then attempt to install the C++ prior to the driver install?

Ok I have downgraded to WinXP and installed the drivers perfectly. I decided, perhaps a fresh install of Vista will solve the problem I was having before. Negative. It still sits for 20 minutes while trying to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, then finishes installing it, then finishes with the driver software, then tells me the installation completed with failures, and then my pc still tells me there are no video drivers installed. I'm sure I'm not the first person in the entire world to have installed Catalyst drivers on a Vista 64 bit edition PC. Can someone please help?

Back