• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problem in Unreal tournament 2004

Xenozx

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
2,127
i recently bought a BFG 6800 ultra.

when i play UT2004 i play in 1280x1024. if i play at 0xaa and 0xaf i average 85 fps all the time. It almost never changes.

when i play UT2004 in x1280x1024 with 4xaa and 16x af i average 85 fps all the time. and it also almost never changes.

I would think in this scenerio that if i was pulling 85 fps with 4xaa and 16 af then i should pull way above 100+ with no aa and no af. any idea's as to why the fps never changes?

if i did this on my 9700 pro i would see it change with every increase/decrease of aa/af or resolution.

my refreshrate at that res is locked at 100hz.
 
you are cpu limited, ut 2004 brings even the best cpu's to thier knees.
 
kinda like com_maxfps 85....(quake style)

should be a line like that in your config or ut.ini file...

prob capping you at 85 fps..I am not a UT wiz though....played UT2 last i think..hehe..
 
sorry for the late response but thats for all the posts. I have a 3500+ cpu so i would think that i would still get higher then that, but maybe you are right maybe thats the max. It would make sense since even if i turn all the eye candy up thats still only stressin the video card so that does seem to explain it. thanks for all your answers.

I did check my UT2004.ini but didnt find anything that resembles that 8( i have seen it go higher before but its very rare.
 
odd, i average 40 fps on with the most bots and 60-100+ with limited ...
 
I have exactly the same card as you, and with a 3400+ processor.

If you tell me how to turn on the FPS counter in UT2K4, I'll let you know what FPS I get at these settings.
 
Ok, here we go:

1024x768 - anything from 150-320 FPS when I'm scooting randomly about the arena before a match
1280x1024 - 150-260FPS or so
1280x1024 - 4xFSAA 16xAF - 60-110FPS (I must be an ignoramus - it looks just as pretty without the extra quality settings and much, much smoother)

You're capped in the software somehow. If it was Enemy Territory, I could tell you where to look, but I'm an U2K4 novice, I'm afraid. Perhaps someone on www.planetunreal.com could answer your question.

I wonder if your monitor is perhaps set at 85hz and there is some sort of synch setting in place....

EDIT - hang on - I just noticed you said you're set at 100hz, so I'm wrong there.
 
Back
Top