Problem flashing m1015

maxse

Gawd
So I followed the guides perfectly. Everything flashed fine and I went through all the stages successfully and entered the card address and everything went through.

After I finishing the last step, I rebooted just to make sure everything is working, and now my computer won't boot. My monitor looses signal just after the screen that says "Press ctrl+c" to go into the controllers config utility"

Then monitor shuts off and won't boot. I can't even enter the BIOS setup because it has to go through the controller verification steps and again the monitor just shuts off no signal and nothing happens.

I don't understand why this is happening, I went through all of the steps without a problem at all. I flashed the P11 IT firmware.

Would really appreciate some help guys.

Also, the LED on the controller keeps blinking green constantly, and I can successfully enter the config menu of the controller. But other then that, there is not much that I could do. Really need your help guys

Wow guys, no one can help me out with this?

This is kind of urgent because I can't do anything at the moment and I don't know how to fix this as I cant booth into DOS of the USB anymore. Did I brick my card? But then how come I am able to enter the config utility? It shows as flashed to IT as well... P

Take some time and think about the problem (think about experiments you can try) and also what might be helpful for us to know (info you did not include in your OP).

I can't even imagine what could be wrong. I can get into the configuration utility by pressing ctrl+c and disabled boot support, but that's as far as it will go. Can't get to BIOS setup with the card in, and can't get passed that screen. Monitor just looses signal and computer won't post.

I used the LSI MegaRAID to SAS2008(P11).zip - 5.87 MB (DOS, via bootable usb key) from this post
http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.0

I followed all he instructions in the readme file, it keeps things simple by .bat files. First erases, then has me reboot and then flashes, then I enter the card address. Everything went without any errors.

Blinking is normal, its a watchdog led to indicate that the card software is running. Get worried when it isn't.

Have you tried it in another computer? You've effectively turned it into a different product with different software and different compatibility issues.

Flash the card without mptsas2.rom if you can't disable the rom for add-on cards in bios (can't remember exactly what the option is called).

You might also want to try setting "legacy rom" to "EFI compatible rom" in your bios if you have that.

Blinking is normal, its a watchdog led to indicate that the card software is running. Get worried when it isn't.

I'm not 100% sure, but seem to recall that when modified the m1015 doesn't blink any more... :)

I was able to select disable BIOS support within th econfiguration utility. Is that what you are referring to?

At this point I am unable to flash the card at all anymore, because whenever the card is in the computer will not POST. I can't even get into the motherboard BIOS menu with the card installed. The monitor just shows no signal right after the "press ctrl+c to enter configuration utility"

The only thing I am able to enter is the configuration utility on the card itself

Also, I don't have any other motherboards or desktop computers. This is my only server. It is running a GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 740G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Try all the PCIe on your mobo, resetting the BIOS, things like that.

unfortunately this is the only PCI-E X16 slot, the other is a X1 slot and then standard PCI slots.

You guys think it is a compatibility issue? Would I be able to boot into the configuration utility if it wasn't compatible though?

If you take the m1015 board out does the computer work just fine?

If so, it could be a compatibility issue. Try updating the bios on the motherboard if you haven't already.

Also, I don't own this card but I know some controller cards require you to have a drive hooked up to it before you can enter the setup.

Thanks guys! I flashed the BIOS to the latest one and it POSTED just fine! Thank goodness.

Now if I wasn't dumb to get 90 degree connectors on the breakout cable everything would be even better. The connectors on the card are too far in and the 90 degree connector can't reach it. So I had to order new cables...

Back