• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem: Doom 3 Refresh Rate possible? (pic)

SquallRealm

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
405
Ive never tried doom 3 on my rig, which is supposed to run it flawlessly.
Settings: Ultra high, 1024x786, 4xAA
Fraps giving me an averege of 60.

when playing somethings seems to skip, almost as if its there is no smooth mouse or refresh rate is ultime low.

when i turn fast or sometimes slow the image carries some things off with it.

i photochoped an example, its not a smudge but rather the image itself, and happens really fast.



anyone have any ideas of what the problem may be?
has anyone seen it happen in other games, because i havent.
 
Unless you have a 512 mb video card, you're not going to be running doom 3 at Ultra high. If I were you, i'd up the resolution just a bit and take the setting down to high.
 
Smith said:
Try turning on vsync.
that helped a bit, is there anyway to turn up the refresh rate?
just doesnt feel like smooth gameplay as it does on fear or battlefield 2.
 
Like the others said "Ultra high" is meant for cards with 512MB of framebuffer.
Even people with 256MB cards should not use that setting.

It all has to do with the compression rate of the texures.
Trust me, I was around before Doom 3 launched and I digested everything I could about it. ;)
 
mentok1982 said:
Like the others said "Ultra high" is meant for cards with 512MB of framebuffer.
Even people with 256MB cards should not use that setting.

It all has to do with the compression rate of the texures.
Trust me, I was around before Doom 3 launched and I digested everything I could about it. ;)

Well, I can run Doom 3 fine on Ultra at 1280x1024. But I agree with the rest, I would not try running Ultra on a 6600gt.
 
its not a flaw... its a feature :eek:

any way to check your vid ram temp's??? i dont know if this has any thing to do with it, but usually texture corruption means ram trouble... try a different opengl game... it might be drivers

thore
 
it might be drivers but i am using 77.77
i just played cod and it does same thing but not really as bad.
i just cant explain what it does, but i turned vsync on and it was gone.
:confused:
 
Sounds like a combination of image tearing and texture caching if you ask me. Turn on V sync and change from ultra high to high.
 
Turn on vsync. The 6800's have bad tearing issues when non vsynced, mores o than ATI cards as I have experienced these things myself. Yeah..turn on vsync.
 
Turn on vSynch, and turn off mouse smoothing. I dont know about you, but all it does for me is make my screen lag behind my mouse movements...
 
he just said he photoshoped the pic to show what he was seeing because he was haveing trouble getting a screenshot of it :rolleyes:
 
Turn on vsync
Turn on triple buffering
Run game at medium detail

For Doom3,
512mb video ram recommended for Ultra quality
256mb video ram recommended for High quality
128mb video ram recommended for Medium quality
64mb video ram recommended for low quality
 
A long shot, but does it always blur in that same place/part of the screen?

I've had desktop icons that have fudged with games before.

It's uber rare, but it *has* happened.

Also, I agree with everyone else: Turn settings to medium and up the
resolution.
 
ultra is fine for my x850xt pe...i get around 60fps+ with ultra on @ 1600x1200..but i havent played the game for a while its a bit boring...
 
Back
Top