Problem detecting saphire 9800 pro

V3|!UM

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I went ahead and tried the omega drivers. prior to installing i add/removed the ati radeons i had followed by driver cleaner 2.6. When i installed the omega's the video card turned up under unknown. The thing is they showed as radeon 9800. Now, when i uninstalled the omega's (not sure if i did it right) and tried to install reg cat 4.10's they still show up in the unknown category in device mamanager. Anyone have any idea of what i can do to get it back into the display driver category? Also, after reloading the 4.10's smartgart was misisng. Could anyne tell me what i can use to completely clean out the omega drivers.

on a side note i was able to oc my Saphire 9800 pro OEM on stock cooling, using atitool to 416/380

V3|

You might try to remove your card under "Device Manager," and then reboot. This may force windows into seeing the card for what it really is.

e_t

Tried that, after installing drivers it still goes back to the unknown category. Anyone know if this is really an issue or not? Or maybe a way to force it to the display adapter category?

I just tried to load standard vga adpater when i brought up the drop down list for all hardware devices. Display adapter weren't even an option. Ugh it sounds like my may need a format. Anyone know any possible work arounds?

V3|

For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the option, but there is a bios onption that clears plug-and-play settings upon restart, you might try that. As an alternative you could try to clear your Bios. Another option might be to pull you 9800 and install a PCI Card, boot-up then reinstall the 9800.

e_t

Might be, I got mine from gameve.com. cost me $245 with 2nd day shipping.

Back