Problem buring *.cue and *.bin files (or ISO files?)

eddie500

Gawd
I used to never have a problem to burn an ISO to a CD? The file came in 2 parts a *.cue and a *.bin.
I used NERO and it would burn no problem. Now when I try to burn the Iso it says there is a error on line1 or (cue sheet line1 not available) of the cue sheet? With many different *.cue files I try to burn.

The wierd thing is if I try to mount the file with Daemon tools and click on the *.bin file it will acutally work! and I can install the software.

Why can't I burn this file to a CD? Something is wierd..

It sounds like the cue sheet is pointing to a specific location for the bin, which is different from where it is on your comp. Try opening the cue file in a text editor and see what the first line says.

Yeah check the first few lines of the .cue file, you will see a line pointing to the drive:\directory\filename

Why cant you just burn the .bin file with nero? Or do what I do and convert the .bin to .iso and burn the .iso. Is it copy protected, and thats why you need to use the .bin and .cue format?

Well I actually don't know why, but that is the way it is, and I wouldn't want to experiement around with it. I mean you probably could get it on there one way or another, but I've always loaded the .cue file.

Back