PawNtheSandman
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2003
- Messages
- 1,410
I got a Raptor drive yestereday.
I installed windows on it yesterday fine. I had the machine on for about 6 hrs doing all updates, service packs, and other programs. The machine rebooted fine every time. I shut the system off for the night.
I start the computer today and it can't find the hard drive. It is not found in the bios and the machine will only boot from the floppy or cd rom.
I put my xp cd in, loaded my sata drivers from the disk, and tried to do a repair of XP. During the blue screen that loads all the drivers, etc... it says 'Now Starting Windows" and does nothing. I left it on for 30 mins and it still didn't do anything.
I am running an Asus SK8N motherboard with what I believe to be the latest bios.
Any suggestions? I checked and double checked my connection to the hard drive.
I installed windows on it yesterday fine. I had the machine on for about 6 hrs doing all updates, service packs, and other programs. The machine rebooted fine every time. I shut the system off for the night.
I start the computer today and it can't find the hard drive. It is not found in the bios and the machine will only boot from the floppy or cd rom.
I put my xp cd in, loaded my sata drivers from the disk, and tried to do a repair of XP. During the blue screen that loads all the drivers, etc... it says 'Now Starting Windows" and does nothing. I left it on for 30 mins and it still didn't do anything.
I am running an Asus SK8N motherboard with what I believe to be the latest bios.
Any suggestions? I checked and double checked my connection to the hard drive.