Problem after cleaning with duster.

include_pr

n00b
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
10
I took my PSU unit off and cleaned the entire PC with air-dusters. I cleaned it with short bursts of the air-duster and did not tilt it sideways. When I assembled back the PC, the monitor display's the normal BIOS screen but with video being distorted. Like a bunch of discoloration on the screen. I tested the monitor in another computer and it's not the monitor. Please reply if you had this problem or know a good way to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks.
 
I did, same problem. Is it possible that my cpu or gpu got damaged with the cleaning? I don't think so. It worked fine yesterday man. The thing that bothers me the most is that I already ordered more RAM for the system because it was working nicely man. Thanks
 
did you try re-seating your RAM too?

Check and see if your video card fan is still spinning.
 
if you sprayed 2 close you might have some condensation. if thats the case then rma and play it off.
 
Is it completely clean? A pile of dust could cause artifacts. I doubt it's condensation. I've even sprayed canned air right into video card fans, without even removing them from the case.

Just make sure you removed all the dust and then re-seat it.
 
i for one welcome our dust bunny overlords !! try another vga card, just because 1+1 normally equal 2 doesn't mean cleaning was related to your vga issue, might have just crapped out, overheated from to much etc.
 
OK here is what I have done so far.

1- Replaced the memory to another one that I had.
2-Tried another graphics card. ("thought this was it")
3-Tried another PSU.
4-Tried to clean any excess dust.
5-Cleared CMOS/ram
6-Tried another computer on the same monitor

And the problem persists. If you want to see pictures of the display click below.

http://cid-9209a4c42b3041d7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/bios.jpg
http://cid-9209a4c42b3041d7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/image2.jpg
http://cid-9209a4c42b3041d7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/loading.jpg

Thanks for the responses.
 
Back
Top