I currently run 3 monitors, so I used to have a ATI 9800 running my main monitor. And a Chaintech FX5200 running the other two monitors. I recently swapped out my ATI 9800 with a PNY nvidia 6800GT and I am having some issues.
The issue comes in when I go into my display settings and try to extend my monitor to the FX5200 in any way. When I try to do this, all computer functions stop. Either my primary screen goes blank or my primary screen just locks. When I say all computer functions stop, I mean that if the hard drive is chunking... It stops immediately when I click apply to extend my monitor.
Bear in mind that I had no problems when I had the ATI 9800 and the FX5200 running side by side. I have tried to change PCI slots/etc.
Here is my current configuration:
ASUS P4S8X, Intel 2.4ghz, 1gb
PNY NVIDIA 6800 GT
Chaintech NVIDIA FX5200
NVIDIA Version: 66.93 drivers
Windows XP SP2
The issue comes in when I go into my display settings and try to extend my monitor to the FX5200 in any way. When I try to do this, all computer functions stop. Either my primary screen goes blank or my primary screen just locks. When I say all computer functions stop, I mean that if the hard drive is chunking... It stops immediately when I click apply to extend my monitor.
Bear in mind that I had no problems when I had the ATI 9800 and the FX5200 running side by side. I have tried to change PCI slots/etc.
Here is my current configuration:
ASUS P4S8X, Intel 2.4ghz, 1gb
PNY NVIDIA 6800 GT
Chaintech NVIDIA FX5200
NVIDIA Version: 66.93 drivers
Windows XP SP2