Probelm with video card

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
alright here's the scoop. this has been going on long enough.

i play counterstrike. occassionally when i play, the game freezes up and causes me to reboot. so i figure, hey, it's a video problem b/c the screen goes all black and shits on me.

so i go into the device manager and i notice that for my display adapters (or whatever the video card section is called) i have 2 ati radeon cards being detected (a primary and a secondary).

so i'm like ok, let's uninstall the secondary so i'm left with only one. so i uninstall it, and reboot, go into dev. man. and still see it there!

at this point i just decide to update the drivers, so i uninstall both the primary & secondary drivers and reboot again.

same shit.

so i try the ati driver cleaner.

same shit.

and now i just decided to just download the catalyst 3.9 updates and just update over the initial driver of 6.14.10.6396, dated on 9/30/03.

and it still doesn't work.

what the hell is the deal? i just want to play some cs damnit!

The secondary being detected is normal, has to do with having dual monitors. Don't worry about it. Your problem probably has to do with heat. What are your CPU temps, idle and full load? Could also be bad memory, or a number of other things. Make sure everything is seated properly also.

Originally posted by FiZ
The secondary being detected is normal, has to do with having dual monitors. Don't worry about it. Your problem probably has to do with heat. What are your CPU temps, idle and full load? Could also be bad memory, or a number of other things. Make sure everything is seated properly also.

everything is seated properly. it just happens in CS.

idle = 39c
full load = 45c
(last time i checked)

Back