Private access of photos on a pc?

note235

Supreme [H]ardness
One of my friends needs access to my photo collection (stored on a pc quite a distance away), what's the access method for me allow her to browse said collection of photos (mostly jpgs, a good chunk in RAW)

thanks!

There should be a bunch of methods. TeamViewer would work.

yes teamviewer was my default option but I'm looking to see if there was something a bit simpler for the other person

One of my friends needs access to my photo collection (stored on a pc quite a distance away), what's the access method for me allow her to browse said collection of photos (mostly jpgs, a good chunk in RAW)

Put them on a USB stick and send it to her in the post.

it's about 800gb of photos to look through
Might seem like Teamviewer probably will be my best option

Maybe something like shared network path? she can look your pics via windows own ftp system/network share system..

I mean u could make a vpn network between u two and share your folders like u would in your own network..

and note didnt tell us if pic folder gets updates all the time.. if u update the folder all the time.. then usb sticks and external hdds are waste of time... :))

and note didnt tell us if pic folder gets updates all the time.. if u update the folder all the time.. then usb sticks and external hdds are waste of time... :))

I dump it and back them up very every few days
I'll probably do teamviewer or see if I have a spare external (and she won't get any newer pics )

If I'm remembering right, Teamviewer lower's the resolution on the viewing PC. That might cause an issue because you'd get a distorted image when looking at photos??

Depends on exactly what quality she needs the photos in, but I'd start by batch converting/resampling to reasonable sizes. Throw those on a shared dropbox/google drive folder and then some sort of file access, maybe through rdp, to grab the full sized files.

800Gb of files is going to be hard to do on dropbox or google drive...

If you can't set up a direct ftp, then sending a 1TB drive with your archive might actually be best case, then you are only worried about transferring newer files which would be much easier to do via a dropbox or google or onedrive. How much data are you generating, and at what rate?

800Gb of files is going to be hard to do on dropbox or google drive...

If you can't set up a direct ftp, then sending a 1TB drive with your archive might actually be best case, then you are only worried about transferring newer files which would be much easier to do via a dropbox or google or onedrive. How much data are you generating, and at what rate?

You apparently missed the part where I suggested batch resampling the images first.

Not if you copy the files to a 1TB HDD, mail it to her, and then set up Bittorrent Sync to synchronize the files automatically. I do this with several of my friends for a variety of large video files. Works well.

Back