• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Priority Mail Shoe Box (10 pack) - USPS

These are great for reselling all the free stuff on Ebay.
 
If one wonders why they continue to crank up the prices of stamps, many of their shipping boxes are free...
just click on view all and see.
 
These bunch of apes just busted up my new cooler master case when they delivered it. Found that out after I brought it in, because the left it sitting at the end of my driveway by the mailbox in clear view. Sorry UPS for me, but have no problem taking this stuff if it costs them money.
 
Chipotle said:
These bunch of apes just busted up my new cooler master case when they delivered it. Found that out after I brought it in, because the left it sitting at the end of my driveway by the mailbox in clear view. Sorry UPS for me, but have no problem taking this stuff if it costs them money.

Sorry about your case..that does suck, but keep in mind, these boxes are paid for by stamps and your taxes....use as many as you need, but abusing it will end up costing all of us money in higher mail prices.
 
Terms of Agreement

I understand that Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.

hmmm.....
 
gangolfus said:
Terms of Agreement

I understand that Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail packaging is the property of the United States Postal Service and is provided solely for sending Express Mail, Priority Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, Global Express Mail and Global Priority Mail. Misuse may be a violation of federal law.

hmmm.....
im gonna use them to stack all my shoes in my closet
 
A bunch of people on other forums found this out about a year ago and abused the hell out of it. Can you say box forts?

I'd be careful about ordering this stuff now. People were ordering like 60 rolls of stickers, 400 boxes of all sizes.
 
Yeah, PBNation (huge paintball forum) basically resulted in the quantity limits for ordering stuff. They had pictures of HUGE (like whole backyard) box forts and other ridiculous uses of box forts.

However, I certainly don't want to pay higher prices for shipping (esp. when we all bitch about how much it is) so don't abuse it.
 
https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/st...toreId=10001&catalogId=10152&categoryId=13354

buncha differnt boxes, all for free.

upon closer inspection, i think everything but postage and scales are free. meaning bascally all packages and envelopes.

click the menu that says 'for mailing / shipping' to see the categories

or go here: https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/st...toreId=10001&catalogId=10152&categoryId=11825

i remember seeing this or something like it on this forum a year or so ago. funny i didn't remember it, or i woulda got more boxes for the stuff i sold on ebay..oh well.. :)
 
Crosshairs said:
Sorry about your case..that does suck, but keep in mind, these boxes are paid for by stamps and your taxes....use as many as you need, but abusing it will end up costing all of us money in higher mail prices.

Im sorry I have a hard time feeling sorry for USPS. Theyve been making money for years. The only reason that they raised rates this last time is that Congress mandates that they have X amount of dollars in some fund. And they do not recieve taxpayer money. They are completely self funded.
 
Although they are "self-funded", the taxpayer\economic participant is the one who gets destroyed by raised shipping prices, stamp prices, and associated fees. The pointless drain on the system for using these free boxes as firewood (seen it done on other forums) and other useless causes is certainly NOT a positive effect.

Furthermore, if USPS ever does post losses, you can bet your taxes will be paying for its repair.
 
MONSOON said:
Im sorry I have a hard time feeling sorry for USPS. Theyve been making money for years. The only reason that they raised rates this last time is that Congress mandates that they have X amount of dollars in some fund. And they do not recieve taxpayer money. They are completely self funded.

I didnt ask anyone to feel sorry for USPS, I asked that they act responsible.
Around here where the majority are pimple faced school kids, I guess that was too big a request.

My point was that abuse will cost ALL OF US MORE......somehow you missed adressing that in your reply.
 
Crosshairs and dcbiii you are both correct. Abuse will indeed wreck it for those of us who will legitemately(sic?) use these for what they are intended. And thats for mailing packages. Not building effing forts or bonfires!
 
nobi125 said:
A bunch of people on other forums found this out about a year ago and abused the hell out of it. Can you say box forts?

I'd be careful about ordering this stuff now. People were ordering like 60 rolls of stickers, 400 boxes of all sizes.

Some people are stupid, especially the ones that are moronic enough to post pictures of the act. I think it should be some sort of federal offense that you could get jail time for if you order a ton of crap just to screw around with. What is stupid is that a lot of the post offices aren't allowed to order any of these free suplies directly but an individual can order a truck load and wallpaper his house with them. Its just another prime example of American ignorance.
 
Fact being they are not free they are mearly given out in hopes that you will be sending out packages in them. People bitch that they have to keep increasing the postage price well lets face it abuse of a good thing and everyone suffers.


KM
 
ive known about this for a little while and its great. I also know around my area if you go to the actual post office and want a box you are going to pay for it.
 
Hmm thanks. I usually ship stuff over Ebay through UPS, but some of these could be useful.
 
German Muscle said:
ive known about this for a little while and its great. I also know around my area if you go to the actual post office and want a box you are going to pay for it.

If they are charging you for Priority boxes, I would turn them in for it.....The boxes are free, but you pay for the postage naturaly....
 
I order stuff on ebay all the time. Small items, big items and so on.
Most of the boxes i get are INSIDE OUT USPS boxes. They simply turn the boxes inside out and ship them with any shipper.

When services like these are abused, we the consumer get hurt the most. The losses are passed on to the consumers.
Same thing happens when items are stolen from stores. to cover the losses, other items are marked up or less sales show up.

Order the boxes if you're gonna use them. Just because its free does not mean you should order a planthra of boxes. Be wise.
 
With the insulation properties of cardboard, one could staple a bunch to walls in the summer months to keep the electricity bill down!

But in all seriousness, this is a freebie that shouldn't be abused. If you sign up to recieve free boxes, then use them properly.

The shoe boxes aren't what you might think they are, in that they do not have a removable top. They have a adhesive that seals the box until it is opened back up.

Also, when I was at my local post office today, I noticed someone was charged for a box that could have been ordered in large quantities, but for free. Just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's at the office's discretion whether or not they charge? If not, maybe I can turn them in and get an old mail truck or something. I hear they get like 40mpg.
 
I still have about 150 rolls of tape, about 50 flatish boxes, and some tubes... in hindsight, perhaps that was a bad idea.

No cardboard armor for these babies.. these are the perfect size to actually ship stuff with.
 
Back
Top