Printer to write on DVD

Chaballaman

[H]ard|Gawd
I use 16x LG DVD-R(Printable) and I want to buy a cheap printer (preferably lazer) to write on DVDs.
Can someone suggest a cheap printer suitable for printing on DVD. I won't be using it much, and I don't need colour.

I checked some lazer printers on the net, but it doesn't clearly say it can take DVD/CD instead of paper;

i.e.
Canon
Paper/Media Type: Plain paper (64-90 gsm), thick paper, transparencies, labels, envelopes

HP
Media types supported: Plain paper, envelopes, transparencies, cardstock, postcards, labels

I don't know if there are any laser printers for that task. However, I do know the Epson R series can print on inkjet printable media.

I don't think there are any lasers out there that offer this feature. However, most inkjet companies have printers that can. Some require a small attachment to do it though. Good luck.

No laser for DVD/CD printing.
The Epson R200 is one of the cheaper inkjet ones
Also you will have to use inkjet printable DVD's.

the thing with inkjets is that you need to use it periodically otherwise the ink can dry up and clog the nozzles, which can require quite a few cleaning passes to clear up (this wastes a lot of ink)

If you only need BW printing, I would suggest the HP 1018 Laser printer (I got mine for $5 after rebate a few months ago, and yes I said Five Dollars) and some good quality Labels.

the thing with inkjets is that you need to use it periodically otherwise the ink can dry up and clog the nozzles, which can require quite a few cleaning passes to clear up (this wastes a lot of ink)

If you only need BW printing, I would suggest the HP 1018 Laser printer (I got mine for $5 after rebate a few months ago, and yes I said Five Dollars) and some good quality Labels.

This is typical with any Epson inkjet. Canons that have the print heads on the ink cartridges can be fixed with a simple cartridge replacement.

Did you already get your rebate? I've been waiting 3 months for mine, lol.

Ya, I got my $65 rebate about a month ago (about a month after I sent it in). Did you get your printer at the $69.99 price with free shipping from newegg?

Ya, I got my $65 rebate about a month ago (about a month after I sent it in). Did you get your printer at the $69.99 price with free shipping from newegg?

Nah, I got it from buy.com for $75. :rolleyes:

Back